It’s important to have your boiler inspected annually to prevent expensive meltdowns and potentially dangerous carbon monoxide leaks. Plus, fall is the perfect time of year to schedule your boiler service, before cold weather sets in and your boiler is strained by heating your home.
We don't recommend trying this yourself! Call a professional to prevent damaging your boiler, to ensure that it’s properly maintained and to protect yourself from the danger of carbon monoxide.
Give a local HVAC technician a call and schedule a basic boiler maintenance check-up. Now is a great time to do this, because during the fall, most gas engineers will work with your schedule and visit when it’s most convenient for you.
We highly recommend that you schedule your boiler service in the fall. You’ll avoid the long waits and higher prices that come with winter, because it's the peak season for boiler repair visits. Note: A boiler service should take around half an hour.
Here’s a quick checklist to go over with your HVAC technician:
- Make sure that your HVAC technician has experience with boilers
- Inspect the positioning and installation of the boiler
- Check the basic operation of the boiler
- Inspect the internal components including: the main burner, main injector, heat exchanger, condensate trap, seals and fans
- Check the gas valve for proper combustion
- Check for carbon monoxide leaks with a gas-tightness test