No two homes are alike. So, we
hand pick the best tips and tricks
for you and your home. Try it >
Save your favorite tips and
schedule your favorite tasks.
We'll remind you! Get going >
We've got your back. Keep all
your activities and home details
in one spot! Start now >
Over time, dust and dirt create a film on your glass fixtures and sconces, ruining your ambiance and your fixture’s ability to emit light. Make your light fixtures shine and sparkle with denture tablets. Trust us, this easy fix works!
Take apart your light fixture. You don’t want to mix electrical wiring and water, so be sure to clean your light fixture far from the light stand. Before you remove your light bulb, make sure the bulb is completely cool so you don’t burn yourself. Again, you don’t want to mix electrical wiring and water.
Fill your bucket with hot water, and then drop eight denture cleaning tablets (such as Polident or Efferdent) into the water. The denture cleaning tablets have an effervescence that helps lift the grime.
Let your fixture sit in the denture tablet and hot water mix for at least 30 minutes.
Now, rinse your fixture and dump the denture-filled water. Hold onto your bucket – you’re going to reuse it.
Fill the same bucket with 2/3 hot water and 1/3 bleach. As always when working with bleach, remember to keep your pets and small children far from the concoction. Let your light fixture sit in this concoction for another 30 minutes. The bleach adds shine and gets rid of any lingering dust and dirt.
Rinse your fixture again. We recommend you rinse it several times over to get rid of any lingering bleach.
Voila! Your light fixture should shine and sparkle.
Already a member? Log in