Is that spinach in your teeth or just a speck on the mirror? It can be tough to tell if your mirrors are dirty. Before you put on your makeup in the morning or check your teeth for any leftovers, take five minutes to ensure your mirror is spotless with a common kitchen product: Vinegar. We’ve touted the cleaning benefits of vinegar for your grill, your glassware and your laundry, but did you know it can also clean and de-fog your mirrors? All you need for a streak-free shine is two tablespoons of white vinegar and a little elbow grease. Here’s how:
1) In a large bowl, mix a quart of room temperature water with two tablespoons of vinegar.
2) We recommend using coffee filters to clean the mirror, but a soft cloth works, too. Dip your coffee filter, paper towel or soft cloth in the mixture and wring it out thoroughly.
3) Wipe your mirrored surface. Then with a dry coffee filter or cloth, dry it thoroughly until it’s streak-free.
4) If you’d like to give your mirror an “anti-fog” treatment, mix a quart of boiling hot water with two tablespoons of vinegar in a second bowl.
5) With a second coffee filter or soft cloth, wipe over the area of the mirror you want defogged. This time, let the water air-dry. The anti-fog treatment should last a couple of weeks!