If you’re gearing up for an annual spring cleaning session, we bet that the ‘ole oven is on your list. Cleaning your oven is one of those tasks that a lot of people dread doing, but there are ways to feel better about it! For example, getting the job done:
1. Without toxic chemicals.
2. Without scrubbing your arm out of its socket.
This is not a spring-cleaning myth! It can be done.
1. Mix all of your ingredients into a bowl. Then, slowly add water, stirring until everything forms a thick paste.
2. Remove all the racks from your oven (those, you have to clean separately).
3. Using your paintbrush, spread the paste over the entire interior surface of the oven.
4. Close the oven door and let the paste sit overnight (at least 8-10 hours).
5. Wipe the paste away with a wet sponge. It’s helpful to keep a bowl or bucket of water handy so you can dip frequently – the key to removing the paste is lots of water. Tip: If you run into any tough spots, try using a scrub brush instead of a sponge. You’ll get more leverage that way.
6. Clean off your paintbrush and admire your sparkly-clean oven.