You probably don’t think of your table fan as a goldmine of design pizzazz, but that doesn’t mean there isn't potential for greatness! In just a few minutes, you can unlock the fashionable side of this functional item. Take your fan to the next level with this easy DIY project!
You'll need: red, blue and yellow spray paint, two plastic bags, rubber bands and some painters tape.
1. Unplug your fan and take apart the grill and blades so that they’re fully separated from the body of the fan. If things are looking a little grungy, clean any dust or debris.
2. Grab your fan blades. Wrap all but one of the blades in painters tape, being sure to cover the backs of each blade as well as the circular centerpiece.
3. Spray paint the exposed fan blade one color (we started with blue). Make sure it gets an even coat and give the blade time to fully dry.
4. Unwrap one of the blades that is wrapped in painters tape. Then, cover the recently painted fan blade with your plastic bag and secure it with a rubber band. This will ensure that no new spray paint will hit the blade!
5. Spray the exposed, unpainted fan blade with your second color (yellow or red) and let it dry before removing the painters tape from the final blade.
6. Repeat step 4 with another plastic bag and spray paint the last fan blade. Note: If your fan has more than three blades, just add some more colors!
7. Give your new fan blades a full day to dry and then reassemble your fan. Plug it in, turn it on and be proud of your craftiness!