Do you greet 5 o’clock with a fresh cocktail no matter what? Would you rather go hungry than have a meal sans vino? Then you we have a set of DIY projects for you. So unwind, uncork and break out the glue gun! Here are our top posts for alcohol enthusiasts:
1) Whether you appreciate a heavy red or a bubbly white, empty wine bottles usually end up in the trash. Instead of tossing them, upcycle them! For five of our favorite ways to reincarnate empty bottles, read: After the Party: 5 Ways To Upcycle Wine Bottles.
2) With great cocktails comes great responsibility, so don’t treat your barware the same as your coffee mugs. Protect your glasses and prevent your drinks from developing a soapy aftertaste by following these barware tips: Infographic: Proper Care For Your Barware.
3) If you’re in a battle to keep rodents at bay, there’s an alternative to toxic baits and violent traps. Mint! It’s like rodent kryptonite. To learn more (and get a delicious mojito recipe!), read: Mint: Good For Mojitos and Mouse Prevention.
4) Protect your wooden tables from unsightly water rings by making your own coasters with wine corks. All you need for one coaster is 19 corks, a ribbon and a hot glue gun. For step-by-step instructions, read: DIY Cork Coasters.
5) All you need to make a cork bath mat is shelf liner, hot glue, a knife and 175 wine corks. If vino isn’t your drink of choice, or you simply don’t want to work through that many bottles, visit a few neighborhood restaurants – they’re usually happy to save a few for you! For step-by-step instructions, read: Learn How To Make A Cork Bath Mat.