Washing windows can be a tiresome chore. So, using the right supplies can help create the streak-free sparkle you seek in the shortest time. Believe it or not, a cup of coffee can help. Well, not so much the cup as the coffee filters. You’ve probably heard of many options for cleaning windows, including old t-shirts, paper towel, the squeegee, newspaper, even cloth diapers. But, coffee filters are one of the better options for wiping down windows. Here’s why:
1) Newspaper is effective, but can leave ink stains on your hands.
2) While paper towel will leave traces of lint, coffee filters have no residue.
3) Starting at $1 per pack, coffee filters are less expensive than other options.
4) Due to their texture, coffee filters leave a streak-free shine that paper towels don’t.
5) They work well on mirrors and chrome, too!
After the job is done, you can grab some extra filters and spruce up your living room or dining room with this simple DIY wall art project. Christine of CityPix posted this photo on Flickr after visiting a local coffee shop. All you need to add this fun and affordable wall art to any room in your house is a box of large thumbtacks (they chose orange), coffee filters and cupcake liners.