No two homes are alike. So, we
hand pick the best tips and tricks
for you and your home. Try it >
Save your favorite tips and
schedule your favorite tasks.
We'll remind you! Get going >
We've got your back. Keep all
your activities and home details
in one spot! Start now >
Picture this: Your kids have all gone to bed on time. Dinner is cleaned up, and the leftovers are in the fridge. Work is done for the day, and you have fifteen minutes of free time before it’s time to hit the hay.
What do you do?
A few quick home maintenance fixes, of course! Here are five simple tasks that’ll freshen up your house without taking up a ton of your time:
1. Fix a squeaky hinge. Noisy hinges are extremely annoying, but they’re also easy to fix. All you need is one of these four items: a bar of soap, petroleum jelly, a paraffin candle or some olive oil. Choose your weapon, and get to de-squeaking.
2. Freshen up your garbage disposal. If you treat your garbage disposal like a trash can (which isn’t a great idea, BTW) it probably smells like one, too. Grab a lemon and some baking soda and turn that stink into freshness!
3. Clean your grout. You don’t even need free time for this one. You just need to hop in the shower! Learn more about the best bathroom cleaning trick ever.
4. Kill some mold. Plants are great to have growing inside of your house. Mold, on the other hand, is not. If you’ve noticed some black or green fungus in your home, take a few minutes to oust it with this all-natural solution!
5. Clean your locks. Most people do a good job of remembering to clean their clothes, countertops and cabinets. But when was the last time you cleaned your locks? It doesn’t seem all that important until your key stops working! Keep your keys turning smoothly with this 5-minute maintenance task.
Already a member? Log in